Ionic team announced Ionic 2 Beta its powered by Angular 2. Ionic 2 inherited all features of Angular 2 like performance boosts, especially to mobile, TypeScript support and component design.
Top feature of Ionic 2
- TypeScript support – You can use Typescript in ionic 2 its major benefit for large apps and teams.
- Animation System – Completely revised, customizable, and highly performant animation system.
- Ionic Native – A thin wrapper for Cordova plugins, so you can easily import and wire up native functionality.
- Performance boosts - Ionic 2 is based on Angular 2 , its faster then Ionic 1.
- Easy Navigation - Navigation in Ionic 2 is easier, more powerful, and much more flexible.
- Side Menu Improvements - Support many menus and reference a menu from anywhere.
- Platform Theming and Continuity - Platform Continuity, now developers to be able to write once, deploy everywhere
- Material Design Support - Ionic 2 support material design.
- Theming - Developer can change one variable and override the style on all platforms.
- Ionicons 3.0- Ionicons 3.0 is now live and there are now over 900 icons. Ionic will automatically show the appropriate icon, depending on the platform.
- Build Tools - Ionic 2 starters come preconfigured and ready to go with the Ionic CLI.
Learn more about Ionic Framework 2 Betahttp://blog.ionic.io/
Ionic 2 Document
Ionic 2 Components