Ionic is world most popular cross-platform mobile application development framework. From last two years millions of developers build over 1.2 million mobile apps with Ionic Framework.
Ionic 2 still in development phase, But Ionic Team released Ionic 2 Alpha version for developer. Documentation released by Ionic Team. Ionic 2 is based on Angular 2 and comes with amazing performance, usability and feature improvements from Angular 2.
Main goals of Ionic 2 is Simplicity, Platform Continuity, Performance, Creative Freedom, Code once
Important Features of Ionic 2
• Better Navigation: In ionic 2 navigation handle inside view, models, means and containers.
• More Native Support: Ionic 2 added many native features directly you can take more advance without adding plugins.
• Theming: New theming system easily match colors and design.
• Android Material Design: Full material design support for Android apps.
• Ionicons v3 – Now SVG and also match up nicely with the native icons on both IOS and Android.
• Animations – Ionic 2 based on Web Animation API to support controlled animations that can take advantage hardware acceleration.
Ionic 2 DocumentationYou can read Ionic 2 documentation on following URL.
You can watch Ionic 2 ( AngularConnect 2015) video on youtube.com
Installing Ionic 2
Run following command to install Ionic 2:
$ npm install -g ionic@alpha